Abhishek Maji is a self taught visual storyteller based in Bangalore, India. His genre of work includes: fiction, music videos, commercials, documentaries, travel and corporate films.
An award winning filmmaker and photographer who specializes in scripting, production, filming, editing and post production.
He has a passion for narrative storytelling and often experiments with creative ideas. Whether managing a high end project or commission based work from clients, he approaches his job with utmost enthusiasm and commitment.
He knows his ways to capture a beautiful frame and makes sure to present an engaging story that sets his films a cut above the rest. He's available to work anywhere in India and abroad.
Awards, Interviews & Features
Got featured in MTV Nescafe Wall of Fame Film Category December 2016 Edition.
Won the Best Environment Film category Award for Stories Lived 2016 Contest.
- Chosen as one of the finalists in Shell Energy Photography Challenge hosted by Talenthouse.
Won the HurtWood Prize for Young Filmmakers for creating music video of U.K Band Hudson Taylor and got featured in their VEVO channel.
Won the 2nd Runner Up Prize for Avnet in MOFILM Las vegas 2014 contest directed by Santosh Mathani.
- Got interviewed and featured in 100 % MAD for being a finalist in Millenials: Making a Difference campaign.
Chosen as one of the finalists in Interstellar Time Capsule Documentary : EMIC hosted by Tongle and Google Play.
Won the Community Choice Award in "Autographer" photography competition hosted by Talenthouse.
Got selected as one of the 20 finalists in Pearson's: Capture the Magic of Learning competition hosted by Talenthouse.
Won the Users Choice Award for documentary film "Young Minds" in Film Skillet International Documentary Contest 13'.
Shortlisted for several ad films including Wonder Work in MOFILM Goa Fest 2013.
- Working as a freelance Independent Filmmaker since last year for promoting Artists, Music Bands, Start Ups & NGOs through videos.
Former cinematographer & editor at Paper Weight Entertainment, a media production house with a social and travel perception.
- Managed high end projects working as a production assistant and collaborated with talents of several departments to create visually engaging content.
- Worked with Planetary Catalysts & Innovators working in the field of technology to bring societal transformation through videos.
- Worked as a graphic designer to create content material for marketing brands.